Happy New Year!
This time last year I didn’t even know I was becoming a father. Didn’t know how living with a kid would be like.
Susanna and I were thinking that it would be nice to have a kid during the year, not knowing that she already was growing in her.
Not in our wildest fantasy could we have expected a more wonderful kid than Ellinor. She is just so cute, letting us sleep at night and giving us an easy time.
A few highlights of the year:
- The positive test on Susanna’s pregnancy.
- The first ultrasound of Ellinor. (Link to blog entry)
- The visit in Germany because of Ulrike’s confirmation.
- Easter in Skåne.
- Ellinor’s birth on the 10 of September. (Link to blog entry)
- Friends weddings; Leigh and Andreas, Suppe and Jordana and Mattias and Amy said yes to each other.
- Christmas in Skåne with Susanna’s family.
I will remember 2011 as a great year. Only one big change accrued, but this change was probably as big as change can be.
What will 2012 bring? Hopefully a kid that starts to walk, maybe even say a word or two. I will go on father-leave from work in September. That will give me much more time with Ellinor. I don’t hope for too many other things to be done then, but that is just not the focus of being off work then. During my father-leave Susanna will be working.
Maybe a trip or two should be possible too, nothing really far away though.
In March I will be part of a team from work skiing the “StafettVasan” a relay cross-country ski race in the track of the in Sweden famous ski-race “Vasaloppet”.
I don’t have that many other plans for the year. Maybe I will try to be more aware of injustice and lose a kilo or ten.
My year will be great! May yours be great as well!