How to get wet:
Work half an hour longer than planned. (I wanted to start a simulation before leaving).
- Get yourself on a bicycle.
- Move towards the dark clouds.
- Don’t stop and put on a raincoat.
- Don’t even bring one.
- Continue biking.
- As the rain starts: Don’t take a break under a bus stop.
- Continue even as the water rises on the road. (In this case about 1 cm).
- Drive close to cars, they splash some on you.
- Drive through the river that comes down from Blackeberg. (It used to be a road).
If you aren’t wet by now, you might be water-repellent.
As I got home only the back of my underwear was still dry. Probably the spot I was sitting on. Luckily I have the best wife there is: She handed me a towel as soon I entered the door at home.
Now how to enjoy it:
- Don’t regret biking home half an hour later than planned.
- Don’t stop under a bus stop, you might stay there all night.
- Let it be summer, or at least above 15°C.
- See it as an adventure.
- Switch on the lights. You really don’t want some car rear-ending you.
- Don’t stop. You get cold standing still.
- Feel everything getting heavier. It’s a funny feeling if you think about it.
- Enjoy the squeaking sound wet shoes make.
Today I managed well. I followed all the points above and I really enjoyed it. I might not be wearing the same shoes to work tomorrow though.
On a totally different note: My daughter does not really walk yet, she has done a few steps on her own, but she does want us to hold her hands while walking to not fall over. Sometimes that even doesn’t help. As soon as that changes I’ll let you know.
Hmmm… there is a different way to enjoy the rain when using the bike, as I did, the same day
– Leave as usual from work, or later… whatever…
– Put on your rain dress
– Put on your rubber boots
– Temperature is not so important, as far it is some degrees above freezing
– So far so good… now follow the rest of the advice from Johannes
– when I came home, the only thing “wet” was my face
I may have missed a little bit of the adventure, though…. but only a little…
PS. I will wear the same shoes tommorow
Haha, helt underbart!!